The conference “Nature-based Solutions: From Innovation to Common-use” addressing to nature-based societal functions between science, business, society and politicians planned as a flagship conference under the Estonian presidency of the EU Council and will be taking place on 24-26 October 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia.
The conference will be organized by the Estonian Ministry of the Environment and Tallinn University.
The Presidency Conference will provide a platform to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields:
- Blue-green infrastructure in smart cities
- Nature inspired material science
- Integrated water treatment through natural systems
- Ecosystem protection & ICT
- Ecological restoration through eco-innovation
Additional information on policy framework:
The EU Research and Innovation policy agenda on Nature-Based Solutions and Re-Naturing Cities