Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Science and its Impact on Policy and Society
ALTER-Net invites applications to its 13th annual Summer School. This is a unique opportunity for an intensive course on the science, policy and practice of biodiversity, ecosystem services and nature-based solutions in the beautiful surroundings of Peyresq, in South-Eastern France.
The ALTER-Net Summer Schools, emphasising interdisciplinary approaches, provide an innovative atmosphere for thinking about how science can inform policy and develop solutions to societal challenges.
The 2018 Summer School will focus on:
- Biodiversity, conservation and restoration
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystem services
- Scenario building and adaptation to climate change
- Monetary and non-monetary valuation of biodiversity and ecosystem services
- The science-society-policy interface
The deadline for applications is 30th April.