The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3), is announcing the 2018 edition of the International Spring University on Ecosystem Services Modeling.
The 2018 event is directed to a new generation of scientists and policy analysts who can effectively use coupled human-environmental models in research, policy and management to address and solve sustainable problems. This year´s event is also intended as an update on the latest developments in the k.LAB modeling software, including key updates to make model coding and reuse more user friendly, targeted for both new participants and those from previous years.
During a week of intensive instruction participants learn how to effectively model social-ecological systems of different scope and scale. Using the latest advances of ecoinformatics research, including a high-level modeling language (k.IM) and an infrastructure (k.LAB) that supports the integration of data and models with different modeling paradigms, participants will learn to:
- Theory of coupled human-environmental systems
- Basics of integrated modeling and k. LAB software instruction
- The k.IM semantic language and collaborative modeling
- Ecosystem services modeling in k.LAB
- Natural Capital Accounting in k.LAB
- Analysis and interpretation of results and scenario development
Registration open until the 15th of May 2018.