The EU B@B Platform offers this webinar to facilitate understanding of and access to EU research and innovation funding. The EU Horizon 2020 (H2020) research and innovation programme offers a range of funding opportunities for businesses and other organisations in support of research and innovation in the field of business and biodiversity, including in relation to issues such as natural capital, nature-based solutions and sustainable development.
To introduce you to the H2020 programme and in particular to the current 2018 Calls for Proposals (published early November 2017), and answer your key questions, the EU B@B Platform is joining force with DG Research & Innovation and EASME to organise the first webinar on “Horizon 2020 opportunities for the B@B community”. This unique event will introduce the basics of the H2020 programme and will answer the following key questions:
- What are the main opportunities for the B@B community under H2020?
- What are the different funding instruments under H2020?
- How should a business approach a H2020 proposal?
While B@B members are encouraged to explore all open H2020 calls to identify topics of interest, this webinar will highlight three topics likely to be of particular interest. These topics, which are found under the 2018 call relating to the Societal Challenge on Climate change, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials are:
- SC5-18-2018: Valuing Nature
- SC5-15-2018: Strengthening the benefits for Europe of the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS)
- SC5-13-2018: Sustainable Urbanisation
The webinar also represents a unique opportunity to ask any questions you might have on H2020 directly to the European Commission. The full agenda of the webinar is available here.
How to join the webinar?
- Register here by 6 December 2017.
- Add the event to your professional calendar to make sure you don’t miss it.
- Join online on Monday 11 December 2017 from 13:00 to 14:30.
How to prepare for the webinar?
- Access all the material from the 2017 Information Days on the H2020 2018 calls here.
- Consult the latest basic guidance on submitting a Horizon 2020 proposal issued here.
- SC5 call page on the Participant Portal here (tick the box for Societal Challenges – Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials to see the two SC5-related calls: H2020-LC-CLA-2018-2019-2020 and H2020-SC5-2018-2019-2020) – with links to all relevant documents.