Scale of the project: city
Scales impacts from this NBS action should be assessed at national and neighbourhood levels.
- To place green space topic in urban development on political agenda;
- Improvement of legal integration of urban green infrastructure;
- Introduction for targeted support measures;
- To further develop guidelines and tools;
- To carry out Best-pratice examples;
- General communication improvement.
The White Paper proposes recommendations for action and concrete measures for the next few years through which it will, within its areas of competence, support municipalities and other actors in strengthening urban green infrastructures. The government will thus make a key contribution to improving quality of life, environmental justice and climate resilience within cities. The White Paper defines ten fields of action for protecting and enhancing urban green and open space as a longer-term initiative for high quality urban spaces.
Global (estimated) cost of the project: unknow
Financial cluster: cluster1 public financing
- Strategies actoins (1)
- Urban planning strategies
- Strategies action (2)
- Urban green space management
- Contrating authorities: Federal Ministry for the Environment / Nature Conserva-tion / Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB)
- Project manager: National institute for construction, city and space research (BBSR)
- Federal Office for Nature Conservation (BfN), Urban planning office
- German Environment Agency (UBA), landscape planning office
- Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI), institute for urban green
Expected time for the NBS to become fully effective after its implementation: large (beyond 5 years)
Expected life time of the intervention: around 10 years
Dates (for project delivered): 2017
Knowledge drivers → Information accessibility → knowledge platforms
Knowledge barriers → Technical inadequacy → Lack of readytoapply
Business cluster: Organizational
Business model: Re-purpose the business for society/environment
Kraus , Florian (email@example.com)
Company (landscape/architecture agency)
Official docreader (tranlator included): here
To download the document (only available in german): https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/downloads/DE/publikationen/themen/bauen/wohnen/weissbuch-stadtgruen.html
Nature4Cities (https://www.nature4cities.eu/) aims to develop a knowledge diffusion around Nature-Based Solution (NBS) and a decision support platform through new collaborative models.
This project is part of the Nature4Cities's pioneer case studies database, it will feed the observatory, NBS pre-selection and replication tools, gathered into the Geocluster4NBS.
This project was chosen as a pioneer case study for the originality of the challenges targeted.
Nature4Cities project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 730468.