The EKLIPSE team would like to bring to your attention a number of new activities and calls that need your input and support in relation to the development of the post-2020 EU biodiversity strategy.
The development of the EU post-2020 Biodiversity Strategy is a unique opportunity to make a difference for biodiversity in Europe by engaging scientists, policy makers and society to:
- Stimulate both the European Commission and the research community toward a robust and effective post-2020 EU Biodiversity Strategy and
- Develop an engagement strategy to create awareness and ownership from science, policy and society to implement it.
With your help and support, ALTER-Net and EKLIPSE wish to significantly contribute to the development of the EU post-2020 Biodiversity Strategy and the success of its implementation – for an overview of activities, please visit the EKLIPSE website. These efforts will come together at the ALTER-Net/EKLIPSE conference in Ghent, June 17-19th 2019.
As such, the EKLIPSE team invite you to take part in the following activities:
- As a scientist come and present your work at the ALTER-Net/EKLIPSE conference – submit your abstracts before the 31st March 2019
- As a policy-maker, let us know what topics you would like to see addressed at the ALTER-Net/EKLIPSE conference – submit your requests before the 31st March 2019 by accessing the open calls.
- As an expert on participatory methods and environmental science communication, apply to join the EKLIPSE expert working group (EWG) that will frame the societal environmental concerns around the post-2020 biodiversity strategy: submit your application before the 31st March 2019 by accessing the open calls.
- As a citizen, share your key messages regarding biodiversity on Twitter using #mykeymessage @EKLIPSE_project; and contributing to this survey:
- As a scientist, share your key messages for the post-2020 Biodiversity strategy. These key messages will be discussed in the ALTER-Net conference in June 2019 and the selected key messages will be evaluated in a scientific publication at the end of the process.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com