- Conserve native forests and other native ecosystems to protect their ecological, economic, cultural and spiritual values.
- Significantly reduce deforestation and associated GHG emissions.
- Improve the well-being of farmers, indigenous communities and other groups living in the country’s rural areas
Case studies tagged with International
To improve and validate a portable, modular, enery-free, decentralized water treatment system, the PM-NBSTM, to remediate source water to high quality for resuse, filling a major gap in small agglomerations and remote areas where good quality waters are needed and no other solution is feasible
Rapid urbanisation in the Philippines has given rise to many challenges as increasing infrastructure developments contribute to reduced open spaces and increased energy consumption.
Both the public and private construction sectors are responding by reshaping the cityscape and designing building structures that are as environmentally responsive as they are beautiful and compact. Now, buildings should not only be sturdy and spacious, they should also be efficient in energy consumption and adaptive to the changing environment.
LafargeHolcim Philippines (LafargeHolcim) has...
We aim to support regional and national decision-making on landscape management and ecosystem services in Peru, through stakeholder involvement and research on tradeoffs between ecosystem services.
Ecological enhancement of hard coastal structures. Project aimed to mitigate expected habitat losses associated with improving coastal defences for both the natural substrate & pre-existing defences within Natural 2000 site, & minimise future habitat losses due to sea level rise & coastal squeeze.
- Preserve the remaining patch of riparian habitat while providing amenities to the residents of the dense urban center.
- Identify best approach to flood control (prevention with a high, concrete retaining wall or cooperation by allowing the park to flood).
- Integrate the existing building into the surrounding environment to create a cohesive landscape.
- Connect the separated city to the natural riparian landscape to strengthen the community and cultural identity of the city