This Policy Brief discusses why it is important to be conscious of non-monetary values in any decision making regarding ecosystem services. It discusses the different types of ecosystem service benefits and which of these can be valued using monetary valuation and which are relevant to non-monetary valuation.
Download a PDF of the Policy Brief
How do you include non-monetary values in decision-making?
Links and resources
- Streamline format on the Oppla Marketplace
- Quick guide to eliciting demand for ecosystem services
- Creating Space, Aligning Motivations, and Building Trust: Key Elements of Stakeholder Engagement in 12 Ecosystem Services Case Studies
- Guidance and prototype applications:
- Case study finder on Oppla
Webinar: Natural capital and ecosystem services in research, policy and practice
The third in the six-part series of OPERAs' webinars, took place on Monday 25 September 2017. You can watch the recording of the webinar below or on the Oppla YouTube channel.