Landscapes have to fulfil many demands e.g. for food, conservation, flood protection, recreation etc. Land use decisions affect which and how much goods and services are (co-) produced by ecosystems. Management to favour certain goods and services often triggers trade-offs for others. Understanding the strength of such trade-offs, and identifying land use options that are able to minimize them is a key question.
Download a PDF of the OPERAs Policy Brief
How do you take into account trade-offs between ecosystem services in land management decision making?
Links and resources
- CIFOR Example in OPERAs: Ecosystem services and climate strategies: Analysis of tradeoffs in Peru with pantropical comparisons
- Tradeoffs between adaptation and mitigation in climate policies
- Tradeoffs between ecosystem services in Borneo, Indonesia
- Tradeoffs between ecosystem services in Costa Rica
- Tradeoffs between ecosystem services in the Mariño watershed, Apurímac, Perú
- French Alps
Products on Oppla Marketplace
Webinar: Natural capital and ecosystem services in research, policy and practice
The fourth in the six-part series of OPERAs' webinars, took place on Monday 2 October 2017. You can watch the recording of the webinar below or on the Oppla YouTube channel.